Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cold, Rain and Snow

First of all, it rained all day yesterday.  The weather consisted of a brutal three pronged attack of wind, rain, and cold. (They never mentioned that in the brochure)  I can accept one and would normally be just fine, however the trifecta made for miserable day. I discovered my waterproof boots are not as waterproof as they claimed to be. My roommate also showed up yesterday and said all of five words, "Hello my name is Yassine." So by night fall I was ready for some action.  I went out to the club or disco-tech and got my first taste of Moroccan night life.  We went to a bar called Agoumam(have to check on the spelling)and had some Heineken for 25 dirhams, equals to about $3.00 a beer. Several bottles of Moroccan wine were also consumed. We then went to the disco-tech. Loud, smokey, and full of strobe lights.  It appears that Morocco is in love with techno and house remixes of popular songs. Very Interesting.  After a couple of Heineken's at 50 dirhams a piece, ouch, that hurt, and finishing my pack of Luckies, the consensus was to go back to campus.  The quote of the evening came from Matt, a fellow Ohioan and general seeker of knowledge: "My Arabic is better when I'm drunk." Followed by: "I understand Arabic better when I'm drunk too."

No comments:

Post a Comment