Saturday, January 23, 2010

Save It For A Rainy Day

A rainy morning in the Atlas Mountains.  It's been near 65 degrees and sunshine since I've been here, their calling for snow this weekend.  I've been told it comes in the feet. Though I can't complain. In Ohio I'd be doing one of several things.  Hanging at Eli's, mercilessly beating him at John Madden football, sitting on my couch with a pipe and a movie, or talking to my dog.  I know one of these days he's going to answer me back.  But I'm in Africa.  I still kind of can't believe it.  Before I left I was at my friend Adam's house and I said "Tomorrow I'm going to Africa." We both started laughing.  After all the planning and being asked "Now exactly where is Morocco? I have an idea, but I not sure," the reality that I was actually going still had not hit me at that point. I still don't think it has.  I've been in a state of shock and awe for the last five days. But I'm really loving it here. Aside from some of  the asinine rules at the university; no alcohol, no drugs, no girls, the country is beautiful and the people are some of the most friendly and open people I have ever met.

By the way, I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, I women in Morocco are beautiful. Ma and Pa may have a Moroccan princess as a daughter-in-law come summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment